No Notifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
one too many people may have marked this sites email used to send out notifications as spam or fake and the domain may be temporarily black listed from sending to gmail users. Gmail is famous for blacklisting legit emails from huge and small companies. What ever email provider/host the site owner uses may want to call in and ask to see if the email has been blacklisted.

I don't do the email but I don't get the regular alerts a lot of times.
Richie

Last edited:
I get notices/alerts on topics I follow. I use the mail program that came with my iMac. I don’t trust google and gmail.

bmudd14474 bmudd14474 Will have to help you. Sorry I cant.

By what I can see you have all the right stuff checked.

chilerelleno chilerelleno we checked and see that you are receiving emails from us. We sent you one and it shows delivered 17 minutes ago.

same here

Your email provider is know for soft blocking emails from different forums and groups. Not much we can do if they are doing that to you. Gmail is usually really good about not doing these things if you have a gmail address you can change too.

Part of the issue is that we are a large forum and we send thousands of legit emails but some providers dont recognize it that way.

Check spam and make sure they aren't going there. If they are, then moving an email to your inbox should do it or add the address to your contact list.

chilerelleno chilerelleno . I had all kinds of trouble with mine awhile back . Are you talking about getting notified on your cell phone ? If so I think you will need to sync the phone up with the other devices that you use for that e mail account .

I have email turned off but I see threads the I commented on not let me know by my avitar at the top of the page.. Weird

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky