Nice day to fire up the stick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fliptetlow

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Woodsmere, FL.
Nice Florida day to fire up the stick and toss a brisket and pork butt on.
Will update as the day goes on.
MVIMG_20200223_082939 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_082928 (Large).jpg

Nice getting close to 60 deg here in Virginia and no wind so I'm doing the same thing a little later this afternoon with my little refurbished offset with some babybacks!

Ya know, I swore I wasn’t smoking anything this weekend. Matter of fact both pits are cleaned and covered. But this weather is just too nice not to fire it up. Hmmmmm

Reactions: Motorboat40
It's supposed to be in the upper 50s here in Indiana this afternoon and I was toying with the idea of uncovering the offset, but it's still a little chilly for my old bones to be minding a fire outside.
Settling for some ribs on the kettle.
That brisket sure is pretty!

Reactions: fliptetlow
Everything came out great, pork was moist and tasty, forgot to take a pic when I had it all pulled but keep a bit out and vac packed 4 meals worth. The brisket was moist also, nice ring. Finger pull tender and the point was crazy tasty. The pic with it all carved up has the flat in back and the point up front. 3 bags of point and 4 dinner bags of flat. Good day had not fired up the stick for quite some time. We ate so much while I was pulling and cutting it up we skipped dinner. :)
MVIMG_20200223_183437 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_183440 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_183955 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_184111 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_184116 (Large).jpg
MVIMG_20200223_185339 (Large).jpg

Reactions: xray and SmokinAl
Looks like a great brisket! Wish we had that weather here just starting to warm up, took my smoker from the garage to the backyard to get some practice and season the grates some more on a sunny day yesterday, must say your weathers ideal.. IMG_20200223_160843.jpg

Reactions: fliptetlow
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky