NHC?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdawg

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2011
Riverview, FL
Anyone going to the NHC next week in Seattle/Bellevue?

It's going to be a great time.

Eppo-

32 is a decent score.  It means it generally met the style and maybe had a minor flaw or two.

Nice job.  What I've found to be the single thing that affects final product quality the most (behind good sanitation) is fermentation temperature control.  If you can keep the fermentation temp in your narrow target range, your beer will improve by leaps and bounds.

The best score I ever gave was a 49 for a Kolsch.  It had a slight chill haze when I held a flashlight to the glass.  Best homebrew I've ever tasted.  I was a relatively new judge at the time and was nervous writing that score down.  Think about it- you give a guy a 49 out of 50, then what happens if it goes to Best of Show and loses?  Thankfully, it won BOS, too, so I didn't look like an idiot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky