News Years Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe black

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
I guess we're kind of old fashioned, but our dinner was very simple. The wife made Collards, Black-eyed peas and Corn Muffins. I didn't feel like firing up the smoker for only 4 chops, so I decided to use my gas grill. I rubbed 4 pork loin chops with mustard and a basic all purpose rub. After sitting in the fridge for 3 hours, I put them on the indirect side at 300* for about 20 minutes. Then I cranked the grill up to 400* and seared them for 3 minutes each side to an IT of 143*. When I flipped them to the second side, I put on a glaze of peach preserves and some rib rub. I pulled them off and rested for 20 minutes. This was the first time for the peach glaze, but I can assure you that it will be used again.

There were only 4 of us, and everyone enjoyed their dinner. The chops were very tender and moist.

Sorry there are no pics, but after they turned so well, I couldn't resist posting.

Happy New Year to everyone and let's keep smoking our Butts off. LOL

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky