Newby bitting the bullte , 250gal smoker on a trailer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just remember, to avoid much potential heartache, to weld on door hinges, before you fully cut door flaps loose.

But you already know that if you did your study.

Marc

Last edited:
You beat Marc. I did do some home work be for I started. Only cut where the hinges were going. Then only stech weild them on. After fully cutting the doors open , Next day finished welding the hinges.

How much space did you leave between the end of the RF plate and the end of the smoker, from the pic above it looks really close?  My 200 gallon build calcs call for a 170 square inch opening at the end of the RF plate (27in wide by 6.3 in long) , I would have thought you needed a bigger opening than the one I am putting in mine...

11ins the same as the opening for FB/CC opening. The curve at the end of tank to the end of RF.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/content/type/61/id/527188/width/200/height/400[/IMG/
11ins the same as the opening for FB/CC opening. The cuve

Ok, thanks! I wasn't seeing the curve at the end. You've got a real nice setup going there.

Last edited:

The smoker worked as plan. Good smoke and good temperature. Once hot had less then 5 degrees from side to side ,but when heating up could be as much as 20 degrees.

Here the ribs I cooked today for the first cook on the smoker. I will do a full form on today's cook later tonight after church under pork. Now to tack a brake from the trailer build and work on the honey-do-list. If not I may not be around to finish the trailer build, Lol.

Reactions: ahumadora
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky