• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokes

Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
   hi, i am new to smoking meat forums, i am from bowling green ohio.  I am a maintenance tech in a plastics factory.  Bought an 18 in. wsm last year and i try to smoke whenever i get the time to.  have smoked meat loaf, easter ham, 15 lb. turkey, whole chickens, brats, pork butt, ribs, jerky, boneless skinless chicken breast, chicken leg quarters, cheese burger rolls.  recently bought a weber one touch gold.  smoking meatloaf, jerky, and brats this weekend.  tried brisket once and didn't care for it all that much.  watch a lot of bbq pit boys and think they are pretty cool.  watch pitmasters and like that, bought myron mixon's smoke book and think his recipees are ok.  look forwart to interacting with members as i do a lot of research already on smoking meat forums.  sure sucks that meat has gone up in price!!!!!  will be talking at ya'll real soon.

Welcome smokes!  Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on turning protein into mouth watering delights.  I agree completely on the meat prices but it is all cyclical.  They'll come back down eventually.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum threads.

Hello and welcome from East Texas, I enjoy watching those shows every so often, competition cooking is way different than smoking for friends and family. Just find what flavors and meat you and your family like and work on them. Starting out keeping it simple is my advice. 

Gary S

Thanks for the welcome. Sitting on the deck smoking some jerky, tending the camp fire and listening to Indians tiger game drinking my evening coffee and watching the chickens chase bugs, yea I'm a hick, but it feel pretty good to sit back like this!! Happy for what I've got.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky