Newbie to SMF and BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ZingQ

Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
Good evening everyone. I was turned onto SMF by a buddy of mine that has been showing me the ropes to BBQ and smoking. I’m new to BBQ but have been loving the practice. I got myself a starter smoker and have been enjoying my weekends BBQing at home. To gain experience I’ve tried my hand at all kinds of meats from beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. I’ve had some fantastic results and I’ve lost some hair over a few (pork butts seem to be my kryptonite.). Anyway, I am always looking to learn something new and keep smokin away! Hope to talk to you all soon!

Welcome to the site!

I’ve lost more hair than I care to say but I figured that was because of my wife and daughter...but smoking might have had something to do with it over the years haha

What type of smoker are you cooking on?

Thanks for the welcome. It’s a cheap grill, and I bought it on purpose that way for overall convenience. I’m cooking on a chargriller Texas trio. It has a propane grill on the left, a charcoal grill on the right, and a firebox to smoke off to the right of the charcoal compartment. I only use the charcoal side as a smoker. It does the job and helps me gain experience, but requires near constant attention to maintain temps.

Once I’ve gotten more experience and skill BBQing, I’ll move on to a better dedicated smoker.

Welcome to the site, sounds like your off to a great site. Look through the pork forum and you will find some excellent threads about jpork butts. Im sure you will knock the next out of the park

welcome to the forum. great place to learn

Thanks for the responses and welcome! Can’t wait to get my next cook going and learning a bunch more from all of you.

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky