Newbie smoker in the north

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prairiesmoker

Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hello all

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself.  I love meat and I love BBQ so the next step was to get my own smoker and give that a try.  Before now the only thing I managed to smoke was the fireplace but hey, gotta try everything once.  I went out and bought a 30" Masterbuilt Digital and so far I have done a beer can chicken (turned out great) and a roast.  According to the wife, the roast was a little too smokey and a little under done, but I am learning.

I have to say that I love this site and I have lots to learn so I have lots of reading to do.

Keep smokin'

Welcome to the SMF, and congrats on the new smoker. I like your introduction, short and positive. Kepp reqading, it;s qorth the time spent. It's all good my friend.

Welcome PS!

Sounds like you might need some digital thermometers for your new MES.

Many of us like the Maverick (Redi-Check). It has two probes, one for in the meat & one for in the smoker. It has two units, a transmitter & a receiver, so you can take the receiver to where ever you're hangin' out. I think they're Around $30/$40.

Then just follow some directions on here, and you'll be making perfection in no time.

However one persons "little under done" is another's "Just Right", but if you want to smoke in peace, you might want to go by what the wife says. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bearcarver

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's"FREE" ...5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome. You will find that you cant go wrong with the MES and this FORUM. As stated above check out Jeff's smoking course. You will love the ribs you produce from the 3-2-1 method, and your wife will let you out of the dog house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky