Newbie just west of Hog Mountain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Red Badger

Original poster
Jul 23, 2020
Howdy y'all!

Been lurking here on and off, so decided to "sign in."

Retired a few years ago from a global road warrior gig at a mega-corp. Also retired from army/army reserve with ~30 years service. Between those roles, I've seen 48 states, a couple dozen countries - - - and not much of the wife and family. But that's all changed and except for this damned plague, life is pretty sweet.

Recently junked a cheap ass Char-Griller combo (charcoal grill w/offset firebox, gas grill, side burner) that did almost anything, just not very well. Current arsenal is Weber gasser, Masterbuilt smoker (charcoal or propane), and a Weber kettle. I smoke a fair amount of ribs, chicken (and a million wings), and lots of fish. Hoping to learn here about smoking larger cuts, game, etc.

Here are some beef ribs that Mr. Flintstone would appreciate. 3 bones and just under 10 pounds, Came out very well after about 11 hours at 220 (pulled at 195).

Anyhoo, I'll be hanging our here occasionally...

RB
Bones.jpg

Welcome to SMF. Ribs look good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky