Newbie in Nashville,TN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brad t

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Hi Guys/Gals,

I looking to get into the smoking hobby. I am pretty good at grilling and looking to "branch out" a bit. I have been shopping for smokers and have pretty much decided on starting out with an electric "fridge type" smoker and not wanting to spend more than $300. I have found a couple of Masterbuilt smokers in the 200-300 range..one is 30" and the other is 40". Since I am a newbie, I think the electric would be a better choice due to the ability to have more precise temperature control. In addition to that, I have never been a big fan of charcoal. Glad to have found this forum.

Brad

Hello Brad and welcome!  I used to cook on aa MES40...turned out a lot of great food on that rig.  This is friendly place to learn and share...just ask when you need anything and someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Brad

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answere—all right.  LOL  Don’t forgt to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky