Newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikendebb

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Hello All,

My brother in law gave me a New Braunfels vertical smoker that he used a few times and no longer wanted. Being the type that gets addicted to getting things right, I ended up here.

After making jerky out of spare ribs three times in a row, I found the 3-2-1 method and made one of the best meals I have ever cooked. Made a house full of people happy and had no leftovers. I have done a few Pork Butts and they came out perfect but couldn't get the ribs down. Thanks to this site, problem solved.

You guys are stuck with me now!!!

aa1ba54f_IMG_2283.jpg

I have since installed a gauge in the door. Getting the temps right has been my biggest challenge.

Mike

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have some good hardware there. Now that you found a way to do ribs without making jerky, you can practice on making them exactly how you like them. The butts and chuck roasts are good for beginners and new equipment because they give you a long time to practice fire and heat management. We're the kind of people who don't read books without pictures so be sure to post up plenty q-view, especially if you have a problem or a question, it makes it easier to advise or answer..

MikenDebb,

Welcome to SMF! (and your new addiction).

Now that you have decided that you enjoy smoking and eating the results ,You may want to invest in a digital thermometer so that you can monitor the meat temps as well as using the guage to monitor the cooking temps.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome mikendebb,

Glad you joined us. This is the place to be for smoking. That's a nice smoker you picked up. Lots of good people that help with your questions. Good luck and Happy Smoking.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks All, looking forward to being here.

eman, thanks for the suggestion on the digital thermometer, I will pick one up. Could use one for sure!!!

Mike

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Mike to SMF. So you will like this place for there are allot of really good folks here that would do help you with anything to do with smoking. I would also recommend that you sign up for the E-course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good techniques also. So go grab your butt and get to smoking and then don't forget the pictures (Q-view) here so we can enjoy your smoke with you.

So Welcome To Your New Addiction  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky