newbie from the ATL...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
As a new member I checked in a few weeks back. Now I am just back to say THANK YOU. I smoked my first whole pork shoulder on July 4th (with my new BSKD), and it was so good guests were trying to convince me to make a career change afterward!!! Before that the most meat I had ever smoked at one time was a couple of chickens on my ECB. The whole pork shoulder and that many hungry guests was new territory for me. It was an anxious time to say the least.
Well this site provided the information I needed to make it happen and the confidence to try it. It is an invaluable resource for first timers and veterans alike. KUDOS to you all!!!

fatback, it's good to have you on the forum. Glad to hear of your smoking success too!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Howdy neighbor! It's always great to get those waves of warm fuzzies after a serving folks the product of a good smoke... and them going crazy over it.

Hope we see more of you on here!

Congrats on what must have been a great smoke. Now we expect Qview tho
biggrin.gif
Whats next?????

Congrats on your Pork Shoulder! It is so great when a plan comes together. Keep them coming and dont be afraid to try something new. I love the newbie feeling of cooking something completely new in the smoker and then evaluating it so that I can perfect it next time. Hope to see some pics next time. (qview).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky