newbie from tennessee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

polymer

Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
hello all.  i am a chemist from tennessee...been smoking food for about 10 years.  it started out as something to do while watching sports and drinking beer, but now that i have married and had a kid it is really a weekend passion.  some folks run (even when nobody is chasing them), some go hunting, i smoke food.  i refer to it as chemistry i can eat (the first rule in a lab is "don't lick the spoon").  i started taking Jeff's newsletter a few months ago and replicated his procedures as well as branching out on my own and winging it from time to time.  my current gear is a brinkmann gormet vertical smoker (the green one with the body that lifts off the charcoal pan) but i hope to upgrade soon.  i have come to truly enjoy the 3-2-1 method for ribs (st. louis cut spares), and my current tweaking project is salmon.  i look forward to profitable interactions with everyone on these forums.  Cheers!

Welcome!  You're going to find some great people here, as well as some great recipes and ideas.

We've got an abundance wonderful hardwoods in Tennessee, and finding good smoking wood is sometimes as easy as taking a little walk.  Although I reside in Florida, I've got a piece of property in TN, just north of Chattanooga.  Lots of hickory, oak, and maple just waiting to be put to good use.

Keep us apprised of your experiments with salmon.  Always looking to try what others have found successful.

beercheer.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF!!!

Here you want to lick the spoon and the plate.

Got kin folk around trenton and dyersburg,Tn. 

Welcome to smf its great to have ya...your smoker is what we around here call a ecb...I got one too,that i use all the time.This is the place to be,theres lots of great info and awesome members!!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky