Newbie from South Carolina

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petewoody

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
The Woodlands, Houston, TX
Hi. My name is Peter and I'm from South Carolina. Actually, I'm from Sydney, Australia via London, CT, NY and NJ. I have been grilling for (too) many years but have only been smoking for a short time. I grill on a Weber Genesis Gold (gas) and smoke on an ecb which is continually being modified. As there is only my wife and I, my smoking is limited to small loins of pork, chicken and turkey breasts. As my skills improve, I may offer some of my output to guests !!!!!.
I have greatly enjoyed lurking on the forum and figured it was time I joined.

Welcome Peter, sounds like you've been around.
Where abouts did you live in Jersey?

Even though you are only cooking for two remember that BBQ freezes extremely well and there are sooooo many different ideas for leftover Q meat.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics... Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

I lived in Middletown and commuted to Metro Park for a few years and to Lower Manhattan. I was working in Battery Park 8 years ago when the Towers were destroyed.

Glad to know you're out of the closet, and into the limelight of the SMF.

First off welcome to SMF there Bubba. You'll like this place cause there are alot of good people here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Next if you haven't tried the E-course I would highly recommend it. It's free and very informative and it will give you the basics of smoking. the next thing you do is go grab something to smoke and if you have any questions just post them here and we will help you out licky spilt. Then grab your camera and snao some pictures (Qview here) and let us see what your smoking and what your smoking on too. So go get something to smoke.
Welcome To The Addiction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky