newbie! been lurking for awhile! Looking to build a cold smoker....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buffalohonker

Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hello all! I have been lurking and taking advice from here for a few years now but a night of not being able to sleep has me here for a PROPER introduction! My father in law gave me a OLDDDDDDD brinkman electric smoker that was his father in laws. It is far from perfect but it does everything i can ask it to do! This is what I want to try and build for a cold smoker. I want to build a wooden box, maybe 7-8' high and square enough for a oven rack, with a runner in the middle of the box to hold the rack. I would then build a separate smoke box containing a hot plate to get the wood smoking and run Dryer hose from the smoke box to the box with rack. Im thinking maybe 2 foot of hose should cool the smoke between the 2? what do you think?

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Cool , be sure and post some pictures.

Gary

Welcome aboard!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.  Sounds like you've got a good plan...you can browse or post over in the Smokehouse Builds Forum for some good tips:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/200/smoke-houses

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky