Newbe Camp Chef Woodwind 24 WiFi Pellet Smoker Owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmarch313

Original poster
Oct 24, 2020
I'm a new Camp Chef Woodwind 24 WiFi Pellet Smoker owner and so far I really love it, but I need to learn more about how to work with it.

Can someone recommend the best cookbook for use by a new smoker guy with a new Camp Chef Woodwind 24 WiFi Pellet Smoker?

I see some pellet smoker cookbooks that are over 10 years old, and other cookbooks specify other brands of pellet smokers.

Is there a cookbook that will really apply to me?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: JC in GB
recipe's from any outdoor smoking /cooking book works well, this works like any other smoker heat and smoke, read some of the posts in the pellet section , they all work about the same as far as cooking, just remember the lower the temp the more smoke they produce, I run several hours on smoke setting then turn up the temp in order to get done at a certain time. I use remote therm to keep track of temps in smoker and food so with wifi you have that ability also

I don't know of any pellet smoker cookbook, but as Mike suggested, if you find a Recipe here that sounds good...It can be made on your cooker. Check out disco disco threads, he has a Ton of Recipes he cooked on his Pellet Pooper. Lots of other guys, including Mike243 above, have Pellet smokers and post recipes as well...JJ

Try the basics (pulled pork, chicken, ribs and brisket). You can use any of the methods shown in the forums just do a search for each. Also, ask questions and you will get lots of advice (sadly some conflicting)!

Also, most things you can do in an oven can be done in a pellet smoker so try experimenting with some of the recipes you already like.

If you have any questions I can answer, I would be pleased to help.

The newer posts aren't there as they have stopped the ability to edit old posts on the site.

You might check with Brian on this. I have a Recipe list that is several years old and I edit it with no issues. Now, some time ago, the original thread got really long and I was not able to add any new recipes. I just started a second list of recipes, below the first using a reply...JJ

You might check with Brian on this. I have a Recipe list that is several years old and I edit it with no issues. Now, some time ago, the original thread got really long and I was not able to add any new recipes. I just started a second list of recipes, below the first using a reply...JJ
I suspect you can edit as a staff member. I did contact about this but was told I would be able to do it later.

Interesting. I didn't know a problem existed. I'll make inquiries and let you know what I find out...JJ

What P Polekitty said.

If you go to Camp Chef's websight (can't remember if you have to subscribe or not) you will find a lot of useful information regarding your smoker as well as many recipes with instructions for smoking on their smokers. They will also email you recipes from time to time.

I have a Woodwind as well and am very happy with it.

Also, don't forget to register your Woodwind with Camp Chef so your warranty remains active.

Good Luck,

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky