New York Strips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
When Robert generously sent me those massive beef ribs a couple weeks ago he also snuck in 2 New York strip steaks. After a long day of hiking out on the stunning California coast I thought tonight would be a perfect night to enjoy Robert’s kind gift.

D2766B3B-F34B-42A3-9958-4A7563E35C2E.jpeg
These look like beauties!

4BF24F66-6202-40C6-890A-453F2A705676.jpeg
These are the two rubs I used. On they went and into the fridge for 6 hours. We’ll see you when we’re back from the coast.

C78F925C-263D-4682-9957-9F22D655A84D.jpeg
We hiked so high up we went into the clouds. On our way down these beauties suddenly appeared and they made think about those steaks waiting for us.

353D779B-BCF2-4DE0-8E6D-05591EAACF05.jpeg
Onto the KUDU they went along with some chicken for our daily diet salads. I ended up pulling the thinner steak before I got a picture.

8895F77B-FFDC-4645-A95B-422696F8D200.jpeg

I rested and cut them at the table.

0DB0205A-B8AB-4441-AABF-BBA22E07FD76.jpeg
The chicken finished right as the steak resting was done.

3E8A3C37-8E0A-43A6-889C-EC71C7C0AF70.jpeg
I’m not sure what kind of magic this was but these turned out to be some of the most tender and juicy steaks I’ve ever made. They were crazy good!

As far as the rub, my wife preferred the truffle and I liked the Buttery Steakhouse. We had just enough left that I cubed it and it will be great on one of my diet salads this week. It will help me break the monotony of chicken.

Thanks again, Robert, for another crazy great meal!

Holy cow Sven!! You nailed it all. Steaks are prefect and that chicken is pure money. Heck, I'd forgotten all about those NY strips but you did those things proud my friend!! Beautiful job.

Robert

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Holy cow Sven!! You nailed it all. Steaks are prefect and that chicken is pure money. Heck, I'd forgotten all about those NY strips but you did those things proud my friend!! Beautiful job.

Robert
They were so crazy tender. I went a bit past rare, which is my sweet spot, but my wife and daughter like a little less “moo.” Even at med rare they felt like they were rare. They were also super beefy in flavor. I was very impressed. Thanks again for the surprises.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky