New Yoder 640 on the way!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have had my 640 for about 3 months.  Fantastic.  I would have to say it makes the Traeger look like a tin can by comparison.  The delivery was great and extremely reasonable price for shipping here to Texas.

Reactions: smokinpapist
Had my YS640 for a bit over 2 years now and like it even more than I did when I bought it.  Company has been top notch to deal with anytime there has been a problem, which has been twice.  Hot rod went out and the temperature probe died.  Both times they had a replacement part out ASAP and at no cost to me.  As for comaring them to a treager, kinda like comparing 100 year old Scotch to Bathtub Gin.

Joe

I just got mine a couple of days ago. The bottom shelf had a dent on it. I sent my contact at Yoder a pic, they responded the next day saying that a replacement shelf is on the way. I did the initial burn and seasoned. So far I love it. I need to play with the damper to get a uniform temp in the chamber.

I just got mine a couple of days ago. The bottom shelf had a dent on it. I sent my contact at Yoder a pic, they responded the next day saying that a replacement shelf is on the way. I did the initial burn and seasoned. So far I love it. I need to play with the damper to get a uniform temp in the chamber.

Good to hear, Yoder said it will be delivered this Friday!

I really love my Rec-Tec but never compared it to a Yoder. I did compare it to a Traeger and found it built better and the reviews on it sold it. Happy Smoking!

Hi Roharris33-

I've had my Yoder for a couple months now, and everybody I know with a pellet pooper raves about pizzas onn there. Can you give us a couple pointers, ie temp & time, damper placement, etc.??

Thanks!

Mbogo

Hi Roharris33-

I've had my Yoder for a couple months now, and everybody I know with a pellet pooper raves about pizzas onn there. Can you give us a couple pointers, ie temp & time, damper placement, etc.??

Thanks!

Mbogo
I finally got a uniform temp by setting the damper at about 6-8 inches from the full open position. In other words 6-8 inches from the right. This depends on the ambient temps. I started at 6 inches when it was 75-80 degrees out. But the temp has dropped to around the 50's and 60's so I had to move the damper to the left a couple of inches. As far at the internal temp goes I just followed the instructions on the box. I've been doing the home run inn thin crust at 450 for about 15 minutes. If I'm cooking one I sit it in the center. The first time around the edges on the right side were darker, after adjustments to the damper the pizzas come out with a uniform color. I also like to add fresh veggies, they pickup some of the smoke and add an awesome taste to the pizza. Also all I've used is hickory pellets for my pizzas.

In general start with the instructions on the box then make adjustments from there. Little bit of trial and error, but so much fun. Hope this helps.

I have done 2 pizzas from scratch on my Yoder.  They took way longer than on my gas grill.  I use pizza stones and from what I have found out i need to preheat the stones more before putting on the pizza.  Other than them taking a long time to cook came out pretty good..a nice smoke accent to the flavor.

I have done 2 pizzas from scratch on my Yoder.  They took way longer than on my gas grill.  I use pizza stones and from what I have found out i need to preheat the stones more before putting on the pizza.  Other than them taking a long time to cook came out pretty good..a nice smoke accent to the flavor.
I've always preheated the stones before cooking, but mine cracked earlier this year, and I keep forgetting to buy a new one. I've never owned a gas grill so I can't say how pizzas cook on them. Do you know of any good pizza stones out there or all pretty much the same?

I've always preheated the stones before cooking, but mine cracked earlier this year, and I keep forgetting to buy a new one. I've never owned a gas grill so I can't say how pizzas cook on them. Do you know of any good pizza stones out there or all pretty much the same?
I cracked mine as well over charcoal.....then found out most stones are not designed to go past 450/500 degrees, especially the ones from (ugh) China. I was informed there are special stones available on Amazon that can go up to 1200+ degrees. Sorry, I forget the exact name but if you type in pizza stone in their search bar it should appear. I believe around $35 or so......Willie

I cracked mine as well over charcoal.....then found out most stones are not designed to go past 450/500 degrees, especially the ones from (ugh) China. I was informed there are special stones available on Amazon that can go up to 1200+ degrees. Sorry, I forget the exact name but if you type in pizza stone in their search bar it should appear. I believe around $35 or so......Willie
Cool thanks I'll check it out.

The wife just texted me saying you got a delivery!
ru6yquga.jpg
reqy9a2u.jpg
ygujanaq.jpg

Yes, Amazon, Pizza Craft is the name, this is 9/16 inch thick. .

I have one, always preheat the stone with the grill .

I managed to get it off the pallet and this thing is a tank! I'm doing the burn off now. I'll be cooking off some bacon next to start getting it seasoned and look for any hot spots.I'll do some abt's next then some ribs!
6a6e5yda.jpg
5etebu5u.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky