new years feast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

autoferret

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Orlando, Fl
hey guys!  havn't posted in a long time.  Been a very busy year for me but a few good friends are in town so we are going to RAGE!

I was asked to bring out my new smoker and cook up a feast for a 2 house party.

Let me know what you guys think of my menu:

40lbs of chicken wings done 3 ways (hot wing sauce, Soy Vay, Hobenaro)

23lbs of boneless pork butt for sammies

19lbs of prime rib

5lbs of jalapenos for ABT's

5lbs of frozen lobster tails (trying to think of how to make them)

5lbs of frozen shrimp (i'll probly toss in EVO and canjon spice and smoke or grill)

I'll probly do a fattie and some venison stew too as well as a few classic sides.

Wish me luck guys!  i'll try to post plenty of Q-view for u guys

With the prime rib has anyone colleted the juice to make au jus?

Wow, that's some meal your planning. Can't wait to see the Q-view. Definitely put a pan under the prime rib & use the drippings for au jus. You can put some beef broth, onion, garlic & some Worcestershire in the pan while it's in the smoker & let the drippings mix in. De-fat & strain it for au jus. Good luck

Wow sounds like a great feast I'm on my way
biggrin.gif
  By all means you can put a pan under and collect the juices. Another thing you can do is look at Winn Dixie for Johnny's French Dip Concentrated Au Jus Sauce   it's good stuff it comes in a little white jug and is usually by the marinades and sauces

icon_cool.gif

Now that sounds like a really good feast for sure and hang on a little bit I'm on my way. I'll be there in about 3 hours OK?????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky