• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Years Eve Pizza cook question

FoxmanNC

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 10, 2020
Using a Masterbuilt gravity fed 560 smoker. Alright smokers, happy New Year, please be safe. My wife and I are going to make a couple of home made pizzas on the smoker tonight. I am looking for cooking suggestions. Temperature, sear or smoke grate, or use the middle rack, that type of stuff. Leaning toward using fresh dough from the deli, but might go with one of those premade boboli crusts.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
greetings from Mississippi! No idea on cooking pizza on the 560.....But I'm waiting on pics of the results.
Jim

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
There should be some on here that can help you. I'm not a pellet grill guy but hope you get some help.

Warren

FoxmanNC

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 10, 2020
Welp, in an attempt to avoid disaster tonight, I did a trial run. No stone, cooked at 500 on the sear side, checked at 5 mins and took off at 8. Not bad. Not as crispy nor Smokey as I’d imagined.

Attachments

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks good to me.

Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

ex-vegetarian

Joined Jan 18, 2021
Welp, in an attempt to avoid disaster tonight, I did a trial run. No stone, cooked at 500 on the sear side, checked at 5 mins and took off at 8. Not bad. Not as crispy nor Smokey as I’d imagined.
My grill only goes up to 450... do you think 10 minutes at 450 degrees would work okay? I want to try a pizza sometime, so just wondering. 🍻

FoxmanNC

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 10, 2020
My grill only goes up to 450... do you think 10 minutes at 450 degrees would work okay? I want to try a pizza sometime, so just wondering. 🍻
It should. Might not even need 10 minutes to be honest. I'd check it after 5 and play it by ear from there. Check again at 7 or 8. Might pull it at 8 depending on the desired crunch of the crust.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Stones suck pick up one of these two are better.
amazon" style="max-width:120px">

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I like Lodge but not at 107 bucks here's a Camp Chef

or Amazon's choice

I have a decent number of Lodge pans but sometimes I just can't see the price

Let us know what you get and how you like it

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
, I was looking at pizza stones, but the cast iron would be more versatile...
I have the Lodge pan , and a stone . Stone works great , just have to take care of them .
The Lodge is nice . Used it last night to make calzones . Does a great job on the bottom .
If I had to choose one or the other , I'd pick the Lodge .
20210124_061153.jpg

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I like Lodge but not at 107 bucks here's a Camp Chef

or Amazon's choice

I have a decent number of Lodge pans but sometimes I just can't see the price

Let us know what you get and how you like it
I didn't even see that price, Amazon is HIGH you find them for under $40 at Walmart out here in CA I paid $29 on sale.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.