New Years Day Smoked Wild Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kozmo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Hudsonville, MI
Well I had wanted to smoke a whole turkey in 2010, didn't realize it would be a whole wide one on New Year's day, but the deed has been done.

Smoker loaded and ready to head out to the garage
IMG_2524-1024x768.jpg

Ready to eat
IMG_2529-1024x768.jpg

It was actually pretty incredible, it didn't taste anything like a regular turkey from the store, it was a different taste with every bite, it was pretty incredible.

Link to story on my blog http://www.nateelston.com/wordpress/...d-wild-turkey/

You might want to check on the picture size, I don't think my 52 inch in the living room would be big enough

This is the size of your images, WAY TOO BIG... 3264px × 2448px

My 24" wide screen monitor is too small to view them...

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I alwayEveryone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.s use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

The turkey looked like it came out really good. But I really don't think you should be smoking in the kitchen and didn't the house get smokey too.???

Thanks for posting this, sounds like you had great results. I am hoping to get a turkey one of these years (hunting), had always planned on frying it until I learned about smoking!
There is a guy I get my eggs from that raises the "wild" turkey breed, the dark ones, I really need to go see him soon!
Godspeed,
bigslick

I am still waiting to bag one, the friend of mine that got it took 5 years to do so, I am hoping to do it in a couple less than that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky