New Year's Day Meal - Round tip and mac & cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tritowner

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Geneva, IL
Hello all,

A couple weeks ago I bought a round tip from Costco.  Decided that I would use it for a good New Year's Day meal.

I cut it in half becuase it was a big piece of meat.  I vacuum sealed 1/2 and stuck in freezer for another day.  I applied a Weber Hamburger rub that I had never used before and it turned out great.  I smoked it using my MES with some hickory chips with an avg temp around 230 F. After a little more than 2.5 hours I pulled it once it hit an internal temp of 130 F.  (my family loves its meat very medium rare)  I bought some nice fresh rolls and we enjoyed some awesome roast beef sandwiches.  As a side dish, I made a mac and cheese. (did not use the smoker for this...)  The mac and cheese was comprised of cheddar, mont jack, mozzarella, parmesian reggiano, and velveeta. I melted the cheese in a pot with 3 cups of half and half and 1 cup of milk.  I then mixed it in the large pot with the rotinis I had already cooked.  I mixed the cheese sauce and pasta together, put on some additional cheddar on top, and then dumped into a casserole dish and into the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.  I fried some bacon and then sprinkled on top for an additional 10 minutes (total bake time of 30 minutes)

Great meal to start off 2013! 

(btw, I love this site and wish I had discovered it sooner!!)  pics below..

Best wishes in 2013 everyone!

welcome1.gif
  Looks really good!!! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky