New Year Ribeyes on the MBG 1050

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
In-laws with us for New Year and MIL has some dietary restrictions that preclude most BBQ. Thankfully the staples are A-OK. Picked up a couple bone-in thick cut ribeyes earlier this week from Wild Fork.

Checking earlier this morning to make sure they thawed. Each steak is about 2.75lb.

Going to reverse sear these on the Masterbuilt 1050. Will salt them around lunch time for dinner around 5.
I’ll post some more pics through the day.

Happy New Year to all!
3BA90CAA-67CA-4E6E-B0B1-45755D54722F.jpeg

B861604B-8020-44FE-9823-FFC8585FEB70.jpeg

they are going to be some good steaks, what time is dinner? :emoji_grin:
Shooting for 5 ish, but who knows. I have only done reverse seared steak one other time so I am somewhat guessing on the cook times.

There will be plenty left over! 5lbs of beef for four adults and two kids five and under, one of which is engaged in a months-long boycott of anything labeled "dinner".

Reactions: Buckeye02
They came out great. Pulled the from the cooker when they hit about 95 IT. Pulled the mac then too, then ran the temp up from 225 to 600 for a sear. Pulled from the cooker (again!) when they hit about 120. Figured they’d cook up to a nice temp while we served.

All turned out great!

Just pulled
933BF2AC-EEBF-457D-BF92-3691AA4F0917.jpeg

First cut of my piece. Between four adults we only finished one of the two steaks!

7FAC452A-130C-45B8-B300-216623EB847C.jpeg

Looks delicious, perfectly done for my liking. You could share the remaining steak 😋
Damn, nice cook… I’d have finished one myself… or at least give er a heck of a go!
Dude, you got amazing color on them! Awesome job! I'm gonna reach over and steal a small piece from Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ I'm doing him a big favor so he doesn't get too miserable!

Ryan
Looks outstanding

Thanks all, they turned out really well. I am very happy with them. May try a little less done next time, but these were really spectacular flavor and texture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky