• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new WSM on its way!!

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Jul 16, 2013
Wife surprised me by telling me and showing me a 18.5 wsm will be here Thursday!! Can't wait!!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Grats! You got a good wife there!
biggrin.gif

You will love the WSM, very easy to use righ out of the box.

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Jul 16, 2013
yes sir I do! I started out with a brinkman vertical smoker and just wasn't happy with it. spent more time doing mods. got it to run pretty steady but still wasn't happy with it. we loved the results of smoking meat and she pulled the trigger for the weber. I love my weber kettle and sure I will love the wsm.

damon555

Smoking Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Unless I ever switch to a wood burner I will never give up my WSM.....It makes the whole process so easy that it's almost like cheating....almost

I remember when.......

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Sep 24, 2011
Congrats. I am a little bias but it is with good reason: they work. Right out of the box.

There are mods you can do but they aren't required to make it work - only for convenience.

There is a huge following for the WSM on the 'net.

Last edited:

texas ray

Smoke Blower
Dec 17, 2012
You'll love the WSM and the wife also, because you will be smoking more and more taking the load off her in the kitchen.  Congrats!

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
very nice!!!! we expect great things from it LOL and some great pics
biggrin.gif

happy happy happy smoking

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Jul 16, 2013
Oh I will be sure and post q views for sure! It due in today!!! It sure is going to a long day at work.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Congrats on the new smoker!!!!

I have three smokers but my favorite is the WSM!

Good luck and be sure to share your first WSM smoke session with us....

Looking forward to your q-views!

Bill

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Jul 16, 2013
here it is be side my ketel! I'm already in love lol. I plan on doing a breakfast fatty Saturday late afternoon for Sunday morning. Sunday morning a pork loin will go in there.

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Sep 24, 2011
You probably are so new that your photos have to be approved by a moderator.  One will come along and approve your photo soon.  After a while you don't have to wait anymore.

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Jul 16, 2013
off topic but is there a limit on how many pics you can upload?

love2dive

May 23, 2013
Congrats.  I bought the same size WSM last year.  Now, I'm thinking of selling mine and upgrade to the larger model.  If you plan on smoking regularly especially if you're smoking meat that takes a long time, you might want to consider getting a temp controller.  I bought a BBQ Guru temp controller and it helps a lot.  I don't even attempt to smoke anything without it.

n2 bbq

Smoke Blower
Nov 29, 2011
You are one lucky man.  You have a generous wife and a WSM on the way.Congrats.  Enjoy the smokes.  Now if only I could find one affordable on CL ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky