New VP230 Chamber Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Today the new VP 230 Vacuum sealer arrived. I ordered it from Lisa at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.

It arrived via Fed-X freight in a tractor trailer with lift gate. It comes in two heavy duty boxes strapped to a mini pallet. In side the entire machine was surrounded by a from fit foam. Outer box had a tip indicator and according f to that it had not been tipped and traveled up right for its voyage.

The machine is a beast. It’s heavy currently it’s on a shelf in the garage but I will be getting a parts cart to put it on so I can move it easily to where ever I want to use it.

The pump requires oil and it is included with the purchase. Also comes with a filling bottle, screw driver to remove access panel, spare fuses and what appears to be a spare heating strip.

I look forward to putting this to use soon.

16C2407F-9E3E-421E-ABC2-0892A120F728.jpeg

You'll love it. I got the VP215 and it is a beast. I bought a rolling stainless steel table to put mine on. Too heavy to carry around like most of my equipment.

I have it's bigger brother, VP320 I got from Lisa last November. Same purchasing and shipping experience. The Vacmaster brand is solid. I've dealt with CS and tech support several times in the past, and always had an excellent service. I have mine on a hd kitchen cart that I only used the lower 4 support rods topped with a 1/2 piece of plywood cut to size topped with a sheet of aluminum for easy cleanup. Rolls nicely and handy with the bottom basket.

Attachments

• me and vp320.jpg
    me and vp320.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: lisa b
I have its bigger brother, VP320 I got from Lisa last November. Same purchasing and shipping experience. The Vacmaster brand is solid. I've dealt with CS and tech support several times in the past, and always had an excellent service. I have mine on a hd kitchen cart that I only used the lower 4 support rods topped with a 1/2 piece of plywood cut to size topped with a sheet of aluminum for easy cleanup. Rolls nicely and handy with the bottom basket.
My cousin has even a bigger one. They are packing the fish for their charter customers.

BF843719-36B2-4135-89AD-56BD0FE12334.jpeg

How about that for a packing station!

Reactions: lisa b and mike243
Nice
Wish I could justify a chamber sealer. I almost had to shop for a new sealer yesterday.
I was using the pulse to pack a batch of wet clams and got a big gulp of juice in the pump. It cleared out and didn't get in the sealing strip.

Nice
Wish I could justify a chamber sealer. I almost had to shop for a new sealer yesterday.
I was using the pulse to pack a batch of wet clams and got a big gulp of juice in the pump. It cleared out and didn't get in the sealing strip.
I look at the price versus what it saves me down the road. The 380 was expensive when I bought it but it packed a lot of bulk food purchases and meat that we harvested (fish, elk, deer). It paid for itself in less than a year. This unit will probably take two years to pay itself off, unless we get an elk next season.

I waited a while to get the chamber mainly because the Pro380 was just clicking along. When it does it sealed the deal .

I look at the price versus what it saves me down the road. The 380 was expensive when I bought it but it packed a lot of bulk food purchases and meat that we harvested (fish, elk, deer). It paid for itself in less than a year. This unit will probably take two years to pay itself off, unless we get an elk next season.

I waited a while to get the chamber mainly because the Pro380 was just clicking along. When it does (died?) it sealed the deal .
I got my latest vac sucker dirt cheap and it has been a workhorse for about 5 years.
I don't process a cow or elk quantity, but it fits my needs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky