New VIVO Stuffer - NOLA Andouille

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

milkman55

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Canyon Lake, TX
I had made about 5 batches of different sausage with my KitchenAid grinder/stuffer before I sprang for a stuffer. After a little research settled on the VIVO stuffer off Amazon for $107.

I tried it out on the NOLA andouille sausage today and wow what a difference. It made quick work of 5 lbs of sausage and my arms weren't killing me after finishing.

I also used new casings that I got from my local butcher. Also a big difference being pre-flushed and had a silky white texture. No blowouts or other issues with the stuffer or casings.

Smoking the andouille later today after letting it dry in the fridg.

Last edited:
Reactions: shoebe
That's so awesome, great lookin andouille ! Seems that new stuffer worked good... I'm in the market for one, any pros or cons ya mind sharing? I don't wanna take away from your andouille cause it looks phenomenal, just was curious on the stuffer.

I looked at the most common brands, mostly the LEM models. The most important thing to me was all metal gears and obviously a good value. The VIVO is all metal and the finish is very good for the price point. It does have plastic stuffer tubes which some of the more expensive ones come with all stainless. The VIVO plastic tubes (4 sizes) are very heavy and doesn't look like it will be an issue. They are the standard 2 1/8" diameter and you can easily buy an all stainless set for about $30.

I picked the VIVO based on price and all metal frame and gears. It is very well made.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky