New uds build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southern somker

Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Amarillo Texas
I need some help with other ways than sandblasting out the red paint on the inside of the drum becausse sandblasting cost so much were i live. I did one burn out so far but i think there is son of the red paint left. Some one told me that paint thinner should work what do y'all think?

Yeah paint thinner probably won't work. Some of the linings are actually epoxy based to resist the chemicals or what ever was stored in the barrel. Too bad you can't get it blasted mine was $25 inside and out. You could try a weed burner just try and stay down wind.

It'll come off with an angle grinder (Harbor Freight sells some real cheap ones). That would be last resort if you can't get anything else to get it out.

You could also just post on CL or here to see if anyone in your area has a sandblaster and could do it cheap for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky