New Traeger owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

installman

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Florida
I just got a used Trager lil tex last night. It was a sad sight to see covered in rust and paint peeling off. The previous owner had gotten a can of paint from traeger, but never used it. Took about an hour with the wire wheel on the grinder to strip it down,clean it up, and paint it. I am in the middle of my first cook on it as I type this but I know you guys are all about the pics, so here are a few. Edit... Almost done now lol

Last edited:
Stan, evening....  Looks like you did a fine job on the smoker and the meat...   After reading your posts, I think you have settled in on a good unit...  Great job...  Dave

Thanks Dave

I have been wanting a traeger for a long time, but couldn't justify the cost of a new unit. Found this one on craigslist locally, and after the wife was done beating the guy up about the condition we settled on a price of $100. I actually feel a little guilty for getting it that cheap.

A hundred bucks is a steal.  I can't even tell it was sorry looking to begin with.  Ribs look awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky