New Toy - 1hp meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Christmas morning already? Sure fees feels like it sitting on my living room floor opening my box that just arrived.
20191209_174555.jpg

I have a grinder already, and it works good enough. In fact, it actually meets all of my personal culinary needs. Kitchner #12 (reg$150, got on an Amazon flash for $111).
20191209_183241.jpg

So why get a new one? Especially another #12? Well... black Friday sale at webstaurant was about $100 off. I'd have to check my receipt for exact price, but under $200.
20191209_175912.jpg

Ok, well, I didn't just get it to frivolously upgrade. While I didn't have a special need, my puppies do. My new little rescue girl was a little malnourished and the vet said to try this expensive RX food or I could try this raw food diet but would have to be able to grind small bones. Fortunately I had a grinder and I tried the proposed meal plan. My little girl went from 2.2lb to 4.9lb in 3 weeks, has a great coat, healthy skin and nails and is terrorizing the house like a puppy should. My older pup (6) is mostly converted from kibble to raw and his energy level has shot up, he's trimmed down a little but gained about a half lb.
20191209_175814.jpg

My kitchener is ⅔hp and my backyard pro is a full 1hp. The head is stainless steel instead of aluminum like my old model and its just a bit bigger to accommodate some of the bones a little better. And just wee bit more power to chew through the bones.
20191209_183213.jpg

And this little grinder, well, he'll get rehomed to my brother-in-law. Plenty of long life left in it.

And the puppy:
Nov 12th
26726310022415.jpeg

Dec8th
20191202_213422.jpg

I don't advocate, suggest or recommend raw feeding. Just that its working for my mutts.

Last edited:
As cute as that little puppy is I'd say your new grinder is for a very worthy cause. Pup getting stronger, new grinder with more power, something for your BIL to be happy about. Like, RAY

Reactions: S-met
Thank you for the likes.

I'd be dishonest if I wasn't excited about using the grinder for home use. But sometimes I need an excuse to upgrade and its nice to have a semi-legitimate reason.

So far, the only downside is my grinder went from about 15lb to about 40 and it doesn't fit in the same spot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky