New to the smoking world

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noblebbq

Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
Hello everyone

I've been lurking around the forum for awhile now and what a great tool for information it has been thus far !. I'm looking to start smoking here in South Africa where "braai's" and meat are pretty much a way of life. Nothing like a hot day and some lekker steak on the braai and of course some beers ;). Smokers don't seem to be that popular here however and I'm unsure whether to go for a pellet smoker or an electric one, the only electric ones I can get here seems to be the bradley smokers range. What do you guys think should I attempt a home build or go for an electric one. New to smoking so unsure which will give me the best flavour as well as ease of use. Looking to use the smoker for a small catering company so will be used everyday.

Glad to finnaly join the forum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky