new to the site

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rollinsmoke

Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
I just started smoking last year I picked up a cheapo brinkman that still needs all its mods done.  Unfortunately I do not have a lot of time to sit and tend to a fire all day so holiday weekends or the far and few between slow weekend is the only time I have to do it.  I am kinda a die hard charcoal guy but I am considering when I upgrade getting a propane or electric.  Or if I were to mod up my cheapo brinkman would I be a little happier with it?   And is there a charcoal smoker that would be better?

Welcome to the site. There is a fantastic community here.

In my short experience I have smoked using three different things, my propane grill with a smoke box, a propane smoker, and my WSM charcoal smoker. The propane is easier to have a consistent temp, but I will not ever go back to it. The flavor and "experience" of the charcoal is unmatched.

With that said, I don't have experience with other charcoal smokers other than my WSM.

Best of luck, 

Will--

I'm with Will...if you prefer charcoal, consider buying a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker when you upgrade. Lots of members here use 'em and rave about how well made they are and how easy they are to control temps.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky