New to the site

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baja traveler

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego, Ca
I built this smoker some 20 years ago out of a stainless electrical enclosure that was about to be dumped in the dumpster. I pointed the fork lift driver to the bed of my truck, and after a little welding and scrounging came up with a nice all stainless rig that should easily outlast me. It measures 44 inches wide by 46 inches high by 12 inches deep. Since I built it, it has been living at my dad's place, who used to enjoy smoking fish, chicken and sausage. After he passed it sat unused for the last 4-5 years, so I decided it was time for it to come to my house and get refurbished and converted to a pellet smoker using the AMNPS unit I learned about lurking here. This morning I moved it home and started cleaning it up. Pretty much the only thing left to do on it is insulate the door and sides - one of it's problems in the past, make a new gas burner that will tap into the natural gas supply to the BBQ, and wait for my new AMNPS to arrive. Eventually I'll raise it a foot and lag it to the wall. Can't wait to use some of the excellent recipes I've been reading about on this site!

090e5ccf_Smoker.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky