New to the forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

diver36

Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Hello everyone, My name is Derek, I am a dive instructor, I own a dive shop in Panama City, FL and I am new to the forum here and pretty new using my smoker. It's just a offset backyard smoker but it does the job in my learning process and I have turned out some decent food in the 4 months since I first started. I have acquired some great advice from this forum this far.

Welcome from Canada, Derek.

canada-flag-14.gif

I have only been smoking for a year myself and I have found this forum very useful as well. I suggest you post some of your smokes with pictures. You will get lots of suggestions and great feedback.

I look forward to your posts.

Disco

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Hello Derek and welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Hello, Y'all. My name is Terry. I'm from central Illinois. I'm 34 years old and have been grilling and smoking pretty hardcore since 2008. 

I do tree trimming for the power company, removing limbs, branches and entire trees from the power lines. This gives me a near infinite supply of BBQ wood. (If anyone lives near me or is passing through the area and wants some wood, hit me up.)

I'm also a missionary to Kenya, East Africa and married to a Kenyan lady. We have plans to build and orphanage there in the coming years. At that point, I will introduce a whole group of kids the foods I cook. 

Other than that, I'm a bass player and singer in a Progressive/Melodic Metal band and grill quite frequently when we practice. 

Last edited:
WOW    pretty  versatile guy  welcome and good luck getting your orphanage going.

Gary

Have not done any alligator, lots of brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, turkey, sausage & boudin

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky