New to the forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
hello all! i was referred here by some friends on the Florida Sportsman Forum.  I'm somewhat new to smoking, about 8 months in.  i have a el cheapo brinkman electric R2D2 smoker.  But i play on buying a 22" WSM soon!

looking forward to talking meat and learning!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF!!!

Not a memeber of fla sportsman but do belong to La. sportsman, inshore informer andGCFC. This is the place to learn about everything meat.

Hello and welcome to the SMF. Don't underestimate that Brinkman, many a great Q has come from that model. It's all good my friend.

Welcome Doug!

There are so many guys on this forum that know their stuff, that it doesn't matter if 90 % of us aren't on line at the time you ask your questions. There is still help around!

Bear

Hello Doug and welcome to SMF - you will find lots of help here

Welcome to SMF, Doug!

I have a Brinkmann Gourmet (charcoal) that I grabbed up just for a back-up rig, and for a more challenging smoker...they can tend to be rather finicky on longer smokers, while your electric version probably just has low temp issues in colder weather. From what I've read about the WSM (product reviews & q-views of smokes) you're gonna love smoking on one.

Enjoy the info, tips/methods, recipes and new friends you're sure to find here.

Eric

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Doug to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking

forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome aboard!  You'll find tons of great information here on SMF and some really helpful folks who are more than willing to answer any questions you may have.  Now charge up those camera batteries and share some Qview! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky