New to Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redbirds92

Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Hello Everybody,

I am getting started in smoking meats. I just got a Char-Broil vertical gas smoker. It is nothing fancy and definately one of the cheaper brands/model of smoker. I am a little concerned that it will not perform well but it was a gift and I am looking forward to testing it out.

I live in Bloomington, IL and am a huge Illinois State Athletics fan hence the user name! Go Redbirds :yahoo:

I am going to try smoking a roast tomorrow and possibly some chicken breasts. Any advice is welcome. I would love to smoke for my family during get togethers and holidays, but don't want to embarrass myself!!

Thanks,

Redbirds92

Let us know how it goes. There is a lot of good information here and many helpful people. Welcome
welcome1.gif
slow n steady 

You definitely came to the right place to learn anything you need about smoking. I just joined as well, but wish I would've found this forum sooner. Never really used a gas smoker so I cant offer much advice but there are some master smokers on here that will be able to guide you along the way. Good luck and welcome to the group

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a much needed rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky