New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brocksdad

Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
San Tan Valley, AZ
My name is Mark and I live in Arizona about an hour Southeast of Phoenix. I recently bought a Brinkman Smoke'N Pit for my first smoker. Just getting around to using it today. This is something that I've always wanted to do and I'm glad I finally am. I have a pork butt on it right now and it smells pretty delicious. Only time will tell.

You don't need a grill, just put it outside on the concrete....I spent 15 long years in Mesa...Welcome to the site...

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from an  overcast and hot  day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

You don't need a grill, just put it outside on the concrete....I spent 15 long years in Mesa...Welcome to the site...
Probably would have cooked faster on the concrete instead of the smoker today, was about 110* outside.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from an  overcast and hot  day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary
I would have loved some cloud cover today.
Welcome, glad ya joined us !
Thanks!

Welcome to the site Mark and congratulations on your new smoker and smoking adventure.

How did the butt turn out?

It turned out good, I think. Took a couple hours longer than I anticipated. I don't think the temp gauge is accurate on the smoker and I was cooking at a lower temperature than I thought.

It turned out good, I think. Took a couple hours longer than I anticipated. I don't think the temp gauge is accurate on the smoker and I was cooking at a lower temperature than I thought.
Good to hear that it turned out good.  I figure 2 hours per pound on butts,  (Smoking @ 225* - 250*), and on some, that's not enough.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky