new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

melissa h

Original poster
May 31, 2015
Indiana
Hi. My name is Melissa. I am new to this,I just got my first smoker. I choose a gas one. My first try I did ribs with a dry rub and the was pretty good. I hope to get some tips and learn along the way. Thanks Melissa from Indiana.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a bright, sunny day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome to the board, Melissa! Use the Search to look up your smoker and see how people use them. Where in Indiana are you? We have a lot of IN members.

Reactions: melissa h
Oh yea, you can smoke veggies !
May I ask what kind you smoke? We eat a lot from our garden. Is it kinda like roasting in the oven or no?

Sure, I've done veggies a couple ways ! One way is if your smoking say a beef chuck roast or Tri Tip for example, just get an aluminum pan & fill it with your veggies (we've done broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, taters, celery) just to name a few. I've added a bit of beef stock before & EVOO or peanut oil ! Just stir some in with whatever seasoning ya wanna use. We keep it simple with a dash of salt & pepper ! Set the pan of veggies underneath the meat so it gets the drippings in them ! Then just smoke to desired tenderness !

The other way I've done them is toss in some EVOO or peanut oil & season as above but then I've put them directly on the grates.... Q Matz are helpful with this method too ! Then they don't accidentally fall thru the grates.... And again, smoke to desired tenderness !

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky