New to smoking. Any help or advice would save me a little sanity.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harry w

Original poster
Feb 22, 2014
Steilacoom Washington
I just purchased a new MES. Not sure of the size, but the model # is 20072514. I am attempting my initial experiment in smoking by smoking a chuck roast.i have a setting of 250 for 5 hours. I ordered a cookbook by Jeff Phillips but it won't arrive till later in the week and I am impatient.any help would be great. Thanks.

I just purchased a new MES. Not sure of the size, but the model # is 20072514. I am attempting my initial experiment in smoking by smoking a chuck roast.i have a setting of 250 for 5 hours. I ordered a cookbook by Jeff Phillips but it won't arrive till later in the week and I am impatient.any help would be great. Thanks.
Here ya go Harry. 

Maybe these will help until you get your book.

Both smokes were done in an MES:

Twin Chuckies

Pulled Beef Chucky

Bear

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Harry!  Good luck with that chuckie...Bear's threads will steer you right.  Hope to see your qveiw!  
icon14.gif

Red

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything. 
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Chuck was put on the table and gone that fast. No time to get the camera. I think it was a success. I thought it was a little dry, but maybe 250 was high. Smoke and learn I guess. Next week I'll prepare better and be more patient.

Welcome, you've come to the right place; lots of great ideas and folks willing to help here!  Stick with it, you'll love the results!

Harry,

I have a question about that model. I have one on order. Can you tell if its 1200watts or 800, and does there appear to be an access panel in the back that would facilitate replacing the element if it ever went out?

Thanks!

-Matt

Hey Harry

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky