• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to smoking. Any help or advice would save me a little sanity.

harry w

Joined Feb 22, 2014
I just purchased a new MES. Not sure of the size, but the model # is 20072514. I am attempting my initial experiment in smoking by smoking a chuck roast.i have a setting of 250 for 5 hours. I ordered a cookbook by Jeff Phillips but it won't arrive till later in the week and I am impatient.any help would be great. Thanks.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I just purchased a new MES. Not sure of the size, but the model # is 20072514. I am attempting my initial experiment in smoking by smoking a chuck roast.i have a setting of 250 for 5 hours. I ordered a cookbook by Jeff Phillips but it won't arrive till later in the week and I am impatient.any help would be great. Thanks.
Here ya go Harry. 

Maybe these will help until you get your book.

Both smokes were done in an MES:

Twin Chuckies

Pulled Beef Chucky

Bear

Last edited:

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Welcome aboard Harry!  Good luck with that chuckie...Bear's threads will steer you right.  Hope to see your qveiw!  

Red

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h3]
Hello, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything. 
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
doing some pulled chuckies tomm also so we can walk through it together bright and early

harry w

Joined Feb 22, 2014
Chuck was put on the table and gone that fast. No time to get the camera. I think it was a success. I thought it was a little dry, but maybe 250 was high. Smoke and learn I guess. Next week I'll prepare better and be more patient.

denappy

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 7, 2013
Welcome, you've come to the right place; lots of great ideas and folks willing to help here!  Stick with it, you'll love the results!

mbaran

Joined Mar 23, 2014
Harry,

I have a question about that model. I have one on order. Can you tell if its 1200watts or 800, and does there appear to be an access panel in the back that would facilitate replacing the element if it ever went out?

Thanks!

-Matt

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Harry

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.