New to Smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt redbeard

Original poster
Oct 9, 2016
   Hello to all from the high desert of Northern Nevada.

Thanks for having this site and collecting the volumes of information that I can see is available. I am new to using a smoker but not to cooking. 

Adding a smoker to my outdoor cooking  which so far includes a large propane grill and a complete cast iron/dutch oven camp cooking set will be fun.

I am looking at a small portable electric unit to start off so I can learn. Then if I like it, I will move up to a larger unit.

In our area we have 100 dgf summers to many feet of snow during the winter. Having so many options, including the regular stove, gives us all kinds of cooking options and lets us add a wide variety of different flavor elements..

I know there is much to learn and I look forward to maybe adding a tip or two myself.

Capt.Redbeard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky