new to offset smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duffer426

Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
indiana
hello everyone: just bought a used "new braunfels" offset smoker at a yard-sale.($5.00) it`s kind of small,the firebox is 12 in. and the cooking/smoking section is 24-1/2 in. have experience in gas and electric smoking,but not in offset smoking. i`am a native hoosier,and a big colt`s fan.looking forward to try my hand at offset smoking. thank you

Welcome to SMF! I love my offset and I'm sure you will too.

(don't forget to rotae your meat)

Welcome Duffer to the SMF. I am originally from Muncie. Hope you enjoy it here also.
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

Welcome to SMF, duffer! Like RIP said, folks here are ready and willing to help you out, so don't be shy about asking questions. Glad to have you with us.
smile.gif

Welcome to the SMF, best site on the net. Stick around, it only gets better... just like the Q!

Welcome aboard Duffer, glad you found us! Get yourself signed up for Jeff's 5 day ecourse, it is packed full of great info for the beginner and pro alike...

Have fun!

welcome also........i am getting a offset for christmas myself........

hey folks........he was also asking for help on using his offset.....so i will be following this thread closely..........or is there a sticky or summin for us first time offset smokers?

d88de

Glad your abaord thier are a few of us" hoosier" around if we get enough of us maybe we can have a group smoke out,somewhere easy to get for all of us .Im from up north Mishawaka but dont mind the drive for a good smoke.
Good Luck And Good smoking
Redbrinman1955
icon_razz.gif

Welcome,
Stick Burners (off set smokers) will teach you patients and good fire control, two of the most essential thing you need to know to be a successfull smoker. Be sure to check out Jeff's 5 day e-course, it has great info for beginners as well as hold hands.
Good Que to ya

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky