New-to-Me Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
I scored this slicer frpm Craigslist for $140.00!

It need some cleaning so I'm gonna dissasemble and put everything but the motor in the dishwasher on pot and pan setting.

Can anyone help me with the shapener above and behind the blade. I haven't looked online for a manual yet, I'm gonna clean it first.

What are ssome good tips on slicer cleaning/maintenance??

b5d19f50_026.jpg

140.00 bucks
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
 that is a great deal on a used deli slicer, wish i could find one that cheap
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 ....the sharpener swings down onto blade to sharpen it while it is running, when i worked in a deli that is how we used it.........bob

Wow great buy congrats
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanx, can't wait to slice something. I want to toss a round roast in the GOSM and make some simple roast beef for the week.

Anybody know what to use for a lube on the moving parts? The manual calls for Globe oil no doubt. I need something food-safe and non-spoiling..

Pete find some Food Grade Silicone Spray that's all I've used on mine and it seems to work fine. I get it at Bass Pro or Gander Mountain whichever I happen to be going to when I need some

Looks just like the one I got on Craig's List for $125.00 Mine is also made by Globe...

It is a Fleetwood Model M220/S.  When you do a search for parts or manuals they come up Globe...

a98a66f8_Fleetwood_Slicer_1.jpg

21324983_Fleetwood_Slicer_2.jpg

I sure do feel good about my purchase after cleaning it. I will say that alot of the smal parts lose thier luster in the dw.
 Pete find some Food Grade Silicone Spray that's all I've used on mine and it seems to work fine. I get it at Bass Pro
 Thanx Jerry. I just so happen to have a Bass Pro on my to and from work. I'll pick some up..  Along with some buckboard cure, a new 12 gauge, a fishin' pole for my boy, some catfish hooks, line, #8 shot shells, a Horizon 20" Ranger....

Last edited:
I sure do feel good about my purchase after cleaning it. I will say that alot of the smal parts lose thier luster in the dw.

Thanx Jerry. I just so happen to have a Bass Pro on my to and from work. I'll pick some up..  Along with some buckboard cure, a new 12 gauge, a fishin' pole for my boy, some catfish hooks, line, #8 shot shells, a Horizon 20" Ranger....
Dang you are on a ROLL...  I think you might be my new idol...LOL

pete..........i'm too late to tell ya about the DW thing but it won't hurt it any. i use mineral oil on mine for lube...........the same thing for cutting boards...........and nice score!

.........and pm me if ya need help with the sharpener.

Last edited:
Looks just like the one I got on Craig's List for $125.00 Mine is also made by Globe...

It is a Fleetwood Model M220/S.  When you do a search for parts or manuals they come up Globe...

a98a66f8_Fleetwood_Slicer_1.jpg

21324983_Fleetwood_Slicer_2.jpg
paul........that looks alot like my berkel.

and pm me if ya need help with the sharpener.

Will do Rob.

The sharpener is going to need some overhaul. The shafts for the wheels are rusted in place and the hardware that attaches them show some signs of corrosion as well. The sharpener was littered with old food particles so it went into the dw assembled.

I figured the dw would ruin some of the anodized parts, but it was worth the sterilization in a short time...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky