1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New-to-Me Slicer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pit 4 brains, Sep 6, 2010.

1. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I scored this slicer frpm Craigslist for $140.00!

It need some cleaning so I'm gonna dissasemble and put everything but the motor in the dishwasher on pot and pan setting.

Can anyone help me with the shapener above and behind the blade. I haven't looked online for a manual yet, I'm gonna clean it first.

What are ssome good tips on slicer cleaning/maintenance??

[​IMG]

2. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

140.00 bucks [​IMG]  that is a great deal on a used deli slicer, wish i could find one that cheap [​IMG]  ....the sharpener swings down onto blade to sharpen it while it is running, when i worked in a deli that is how we used it.........bob

3. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Wow great buy congrats [​IMG]

4. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great find Pit.

Congrats

5. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great find !!!!     [​IMG]    I've been trying to get one like that.  

6. pit 4 brains

Thanx, can't wait to slice something. I want to toss a round roast in the GOSM and make some simple roast beef for the week.

Anybody know what to use for a lube on the moving parts? The manual calls for Globe oil no doubt. I need something food-safe and non-spoiling..

7. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Pete find some Food Grade Silicone Spray that's all I've used on mine and it seems to work fine. I get it at Bass Pro or Gander Mountain whichever I happen to be going to when I need some

8. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

I say you got a smoking deal on that. Nice score. [​IMG]

9. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks just like the one I got on Craig's List for $125.00 Mine is also made by Globe...

It is a Fleetwood Model M220/S.  When you do a search for parts or manuals they come up Globe...

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Yup me too - I have been looking for almost a year for a deal like this - it aint happening in San Diego

11. pit 4 brains

I sure do feel good about my purchase after cleaning it. I will say that alot of the smal parts lose thier luster in the dw.
     Thanx Jerry. I just so happen to have a Bass Pro on my to and from work. I'll pick some up..  Along with some buckboard cure, a new 12 gauge, a fishin' pole for my boy, some catfish hooks, line, #8 shot shells, a Horizon 20" Ranger....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  12. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

man! congrats, you gotta love craigslist. just checked my area for slicers- you got a SWEEEET deal! 

13. beer-b-q

Dang you are on a ROLL...  I think you might be my new idol...LOL

14. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    pete..........i'm too late to tell ya about the DW thing but it won't hurt it any. i use mineral oil on mine for lube...........the same thing for cutting boards...........and nice score!

.........and pm me if ya need help with the sharpener.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  15. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    paul........that looks alot like my berkel.

16. beer-b-q

I think there are several brands out there made by the same mfg.

17. pit 4 brains

Will do Rob.

The sharpener is going to need some overhaul. The shafts for the wheels are rusted in place and the hardware that attaches them show some signs of corrosion as well. The sharpener was littered with old food particles so it went into the dw assembled.

I figured the dw would ruin some of the anodized parts, but it was worth the sterilization in a short time...

18. warthog

warthog Smoking Fanatic

This is the Globe 500 I got on Craigs list for $200.

[​IMG]

19. the only thing on CL here that cuts is my ex-wife's heart!!!!![​IMG]

20. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great Score!!!

Todd