• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New-to-Me Slicer

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
I scored this slicer frpm Craigslist for $140.00!

It need some cleaning so I'm gonna dissasemble and put everything but the motor in the dishwasher on pot and pan setting.

Can anyone help me with the shapener above and behind the blade. I haven't looked online for a manual yet, I'm gonna clean it first.

What are ssome good tips on slicer cleaning/maintenance??

bob1961

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 15, 2010
140.00 bucks
 that is a great deal on a used deli slicer, wish i could find one that cheap
 ....the sharpener swings down onto blade to sharpen it while it is running, when i worked in a deli that is how we used it.........bob

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Wow great buy congrats

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Great find Pit.

Congrats

old poi dog

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 26, 2007
Great find !!!!    
   I've been trying to get one like that.  

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Thanx, can't wait to slice something. I want to toss a round roast in the GOSM and make some simple roast beef for the week.

Anybody know what to use for a lube on the moving parts? The manual calls for Globe oil no doubt. I need something food-safe and non-spoiling..

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Pete find some Food Grade Silicone Spray that's all I've used on mine and it seems to work fine. I get it at Bass Pro or Gander Mountain whichever I happen to be going to when I need some

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I say you got a smoking deal on that. Nice score.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Looks just like the one I got on Craig's List for $125.00 Mine is also made by Globe...

It is a Fleetwood Model M220/S.  When you do a search for parts or manuals they come up Globe...

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
I sure do feel good about my purchase after cleaning it. I will say that alot of the smal parts lose thier luster in the dw.
 Pete find some Food Grade Silicone Spray that's all I've used on mine and it seems to work fine. I get it at Bass Pro
 Thanx Jerry. I just so happen to have a Bass Pro on my to and from work. I'll pick some up..  Along with some buckboard cure, a new 12 gauge, a fishin' pole for my boy, some catfish hooks, line, #8 shot shells, a Horizon 20" Ranger....

Last edited:

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
man! congrats, you gotta love craigslist. just checked my area for slicers- you got a SWEEEET deal! 

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
I sure do feel good about my purchase after cleaning it. I will say that alot of the smal parts lose thier luster in the dw.

Thanx Jerry. I just so happen to have a Bass Pro on my to and from work. I'll pick some up..  Along with some buckboard cure, a new 12 gauge, a fishin' pole for my boy, some catfish hooks, line, #8 shot shells, a Horizon 20" Ranger....
Dang you are on a ROLL...  I think you might be my new idol...LOL

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009

pete..........i'm too late to tell ya about the DW thing but it won't hurt it any. i use mineral oil on mine for lube...........the same thing for cutting boards...........and nice score!

.........and pm me if ya need help with the sharpener.

Last edited:

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
Looks just like the one I got on Craig's List for $125.00 Mine is also made by Globe...

It is a Fleetwood Model M220/S.  When you do a search for parts or manuals they come up Globe...

paul........that looks alot like my berkel.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
 and pm me if ya need help with the sharpener.

Will do Rob.

The sharpener is going to need some overhaul. The shafts for the wheels are rusted in place and the hardware that attaches them show some signs of corrosion as well. The sharpener was littered with old food particles so it went into the dw assembled.

I figured the dw would ruin some of the anodized parts, but it was worth the sterilization in a short time...

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Great Score!!!

Todd

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.