New to me Lang 84D with Chargrill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Many of you know I got my first Lang about a year and a half ago. It was a Gen 1 84D. Cooks like a dream. Recently completely refurbished and she look brand new. Well I wasn’t in the market for a change but came across a deal on a 2017 84D that has the added stock Lang charcoal grill. Additionally it has the damper upgrade for cooking in the warmer box. I love The fact I can pull it somewhere and smoke and grill both. As much as I hate too the older one will be up for sale. Here’s the new one.
1627F80A-64AA-4DBB-A76F-AE127523AA23.jpeg
631F34D5-C5A4-4E29-9662-A6306218762B.jpeg
6E1488CD-9752-46E0-A443-21F263C523AC.jpeg
91CDCC67-74CE-4868-89EF-AC8C0D7DA9A7.jpeg

Man Jeff, that is one sweet cooker!! If only I had a use for something that big, I'd be all over buying the old one. Can't wait to see what you turn out with this new one buddy.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
That's awesome Jeff that is a lot newer than the other one but the other one looked brand new. As for how it cooks you know how it cooks it's a Lang

Many of you know I got my first Lang about a year and a half ago. It was a Gen 1 84D. Cooks like a dream. Recently completely refurbished and she look brand new. Well I wasn’t in the market for a change but came across a deal on a 2017 84D that has the added stock Lang charcoal grill. Additionally it has the damper upgrade for cooking in the warmer box. I love The fact I can pull it somewhere and smoke and grill both. As much as I hate too the older one will be up for sale. Here’s the new one. View attachment 628482View attachment 628481View attachment 628480View attachment 628479
Can you post some pictures of the damper upgrade I’d be interested in seeing how it works.

Reactions: civilsmoker
wow outrageous, I would love to have a friend with one. Would be a treat to smoke on. At my house it is me and wife so would use one tiny corner.

How many do you usually cook for?

Jeff, that is fantastic! Congrats, can't wait to see what you turn out on it.

You did a great job refurbishing!
I love looking at these rigs but can't imagine ever owning one, but
I will continue to live vicariously through pictures of these rigs
:-)

Can you post some pictures of the damper upgrade I’d be interested in seeing how it works.
That’s a nice looking cooker! I too would like a few pics of the inside to see it’s personality, pretty please! I really like the simplicity of the coal cooker as well. When you have the camera out can you snap some of the inside as well? I have an air tank I could make a similar one....so would like to know how you think is cooks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky