New to Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrisc73

Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Hello My name is Chris and I live in southern Illinois. I am hoping to build a smoker soon so that I can start the craft of smoking. any help that i can get would be helpful. for my first project I would like to make some deer summer sausage, wish me luck.

Good luck and welcome to SMF Chris :!: If you haven't already done so you may want to take advantage of the 5-day eCourse offered on the site.

What type of smoker are you looking to build? I'm glad you decided to join us and look forward to hearing about the construction of your smoker. Remember, we love pictures!

Hi, Chris-glad to have you join us. Lots of knowledgeable folks to help you out. Just ask!

Hi Chris,
Hope I don't step out of line here beings I'm a newbie here myself. But these guys and girls sure know good smokin'.
I am in the looooooooong process of building my smoker. It's actually been a working smoker for about 9 years, but decided to "finish" it.
Welcome. Sit down, grab a cold one (that would be iced tea for me) (hey, I wonder what that would taste like smoked), and check out the amazing wealth of knowledge these guys have in print here.

Welcome to the board Chris!

If you can give us an idea what type of materialsyou haveto work with, what type of equipment you have to work with, and what type of smokin' you want to do, I'm certain that you'll find all the info you need, and then some right here.

What part of s. Illinois? I grew up in the flantlands up around Champaign. My family still owns land near Wayne City.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky