New to forum but been smoking for a while

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the1wildfire

Original poster
Oct 10, 2016
My name is Brian, father of 3, enjoy cooking for the family, hunting and making game calls, have a project for my oldest and me to do making a smoker and have a question,I have an old water tank 48"X16" and seems to be about 1/8" thick, with a couple pieces of steel that are a bit thicker one is 51"X14" wide and one 72"X16.5" also have a bunch of strips that are 6" wide and 6' long. Would it be best to weld the 6" pices right on the other to make it thicker or put a space between them to have a gap?

Welcome Brian!  Glad you joined us.  I can't help with your smoker question, but perhaps someone will be able to.  Best of luck!

Mike

Hi Brian!

Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

If you post your build questions in the smoker build section, you should get more answers.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky