New to forum and smoking, wood question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I get the b&b logs from ace hardware website, free pickup at your local ace store.

Reactions: MMC
I imagine you would have some tree removal outfits in NYC. Approach them and explain what your looking for. Should you obtain some free wood from them it won’t help you now but you might be able to set yourself up with wood for next year after it has dried.

I get the b&b logs from ace hardware website, free pickup at your local ace store.
Just picked up 3 from bags from Ace so I would have plenty of wood to last me through our lockdown. No work=no money, but plenty of time to smoke meat.

I imagine you would have some tree removal outfits in NYC. Approach them and explain what your looking for. Should you obtain some free wood from them it won’t help you now but you might be able to set yourself up with wood for next year after it has dried.
Good idea, nobody is removing trees now, but maybe after the summer when things get back to normal.

6EA07545-2B94-4243-9240-068E9D7AA7D7.jpeg

3rd smoke on the new grill. All Hickory working out well

If you can only get expensive bagged wood, it's worthwhile to supplement with cheap lump charcoal wherever you can get it. Much more economical. Makes maintaining a good bed of coals easy too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky