• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to Forum and Electorc Smoking

djm3801

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Hello.

Name is Dan, and I live in Eastern PA, where the weather is beginning to get decent. not new to smoking and love outdoor cooking. I have a Char-Griller Super Pro and a Weber WSM, and will have an MES 40 delivered from Sams on Monday. Also have a Broil Master grill and just got a Char-Broil 4 burner RED last week.

Love cranking up a smoker and doing outdoor projects or yard work and going over to check for coals or add some wood, but sometimes I just want to chill and let do other things and do not want the hassle of the charcoal and wood, so what the heck, I'll try it.

Some really good stuff on this forum. As with a lot of cooking forums, lots of helpful people.

Dan M

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Hi Dan, welcome to SMF x2. I am formerly from the Scranton area. My parents still live up in Dickson city pa. I transplanted to NJ, then 23 yrs ago I moved to NC. Miss those mom and pop kielbasa shops...that's how I got started making kielbasa down here. Was not available here in NC.

Good luck with the mes and happy smokin..

Joe

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF. Great folks, great tips, and great recipes. Congrats on the new MES. One can't have enough smokers.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

djm3801

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Would have started with a better first impression if I spelled ELECTRIC properly in the title!!!!!!! I am located in Bethlehem. Moved from NJ in 1987 and never looked back. Still work there. Jersey wages are a nice thing in PA.

I will look into that course for sure. Can always learn something new.

jp61

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 6, 2011
I feel kind of funny saying this since I'm new here also, but Welcome anyway! I love this site! And it looks like it's growing at a fast pace..... I'm not surprised!

LOL..... the new Electorc Smoking Machine..... it really torques out the smoke! Sorry I couldn't help it :-)

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009

You'll love the MES, there's a ton you can do with it and it's really great in the wintertime. Nice to have ya.

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Dan give some chunk wood a try you may need to chop it down some but buy it sure does put out the smoke.
Good luck again with the MES40 got mine last week and the only day I have not used it is my days at the fire station.
Enjoy the smoke

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.