• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

'New Thread/Post' indication gone

dubob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 1, 2019
About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the little dot to the left of a thread/post title indicating something new since my last visit isn't there anymore. Anybody else seeing this, or do you still see the dot? I wrote to the site admin and never got a response.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
This was mentioned in a thread before. I believe it’s in the bug and glitch section.

dubob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 1, 2019
I didn't know until today that there was a 'Bug & Glitch' forum. This post was moved here. Reading down through a couple of threads below this one, I found out that there was a recent update and the dots being gone was already reported and being worked on. I'm also one of those members that doesn't get any notifications when a watched thread gets a new post. My notification email address is my gmail account. I do not have SMF blocked in that account, so don't have a clue why I don't get notifications.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
PM bmudd14474 bmudd14474 , he can probably help you out on the notifications.
Al

dubob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 1, 2019
Oops! I was a little premature on not getting notifications. My bad. They are in fact coming in when I 'Watch' a thread. :emoji_open_mouth:

dubob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 1, 2019
Not so much as a single word on the 'Dot' (new posts since my last visit) having gone AWOL a few weeks back. Very annoying to me. With over a dozen forums being monitored on a daily basis, it really helps to know which threads have new posts so I can easily look at only those of interest to me. It would be nice if the owner or a staff member gave us an update on what is being done to fix the noted bugs.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.