New Smoking-Meat.com Logo in Progress

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
... here's a version with the smoker a little more "cartoonized"...

That's what I'm talking about! Looking good. Now, what if you shrink "meat forums.com" to fit completely under "Smoking" and adjust it to balance beside the image. I'm not meaning this in any critical way. Just thinking out loud. Ze Artiste in me is pushing its way back up after being buried for so many years. I don't have access to my Photoshop right now, but you seem to have a pretty good command of it.

it just keeps gettin' better and better ...
icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I could draw, but I know stick people and things just wouldn't look that good. But what ever Ya'll come up with, I want one of everything. PLEASE!!!!!

Apparently I am very difficult
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

I have had them make changes, remove the changes, add them back on, make different changes..

Just can't be satisfied!

Anyway..

I think I have finally settled on what is very close to being finished.

I have added a lot of the suggestions from here but I think it gets to be too "busy" if you do everything so I just added SMF to the apron, OTBS to the chef hat, shadow under the smoker for perspective and had them move the smoker to the left a little.

Lookin' better?
b975efc1_vbattach12837.jpg

Squeezy,

Perhaps we can do that.. the logo I am having created is mainly for the Smoking-Meat.com website but I want the SMF logo to be along the same lines as far as using the same pig, same type of smoker, the same font and colors, etc. for some consistency across the sites, but maybe a design contest would be a good thing, eh?!

It seems that several people around here knows how to take the elements apart in a logo and move things around a bit and I have no problem with that.

Let me do some thinking obout it..

I'm w/ Squeezy on this one. HawgHeaven is getting really close, but make those designers earn their money.

I really think the smoker needs the same width lines as the rest of the elements. It also looks more like it's saying "King-meats" rather than "smoking-meats".

The logo should be self contained, easily readable, easily recognizable, and uniquely ours. It should look like one uniform element. It should be versatile enough to be applied to any number of things, like mast head, caps, t-shirts, and window stickers, without requiring major changes, and without accidentally losing certain qualities because of the background it is applied to. Preferably, it should be simple enough that it can be implemented into other designs, for when you want it incorporated into a special event t-shirt like the gathering. That is why you want to be careful of how many colors you use in it. Plus the fact that for many types of printing, each color can really add to the cost. Even different shades of colors can jack up the price. Just a couple of things to keep in mind.

While I am opining, (and then I'll shut up... for a while), I also think we should stick w/ the pig. Cows say "steak and burgers" while a pig says Mmmm...mmmm... BBQ.

I like HawgHeaven design, It seems to blend the thoughts together,

Let us know when the shirts, hats, stickers and all other stuff is ready.
mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky